Thursday, April 22, 2010

Made my day!

This morning was a Playschool morning. I really dislike Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Getting Adam dressed and ready before nine is like pulling teeth. Not to mention that I have to get dressed too! I much prefer to stay in my pj's until I shower. So this morning was like any other Playschool morning. Taylor was grumpy and wanted a nap, Adam was dawdling, I was a mess.
We were just headed out the door, when Adam said to me "Mummy, you are beautiful"
My jaw dropped! I was wearing my favorite pair of track pants (my lulu's!) I still had my pj top on, hidden by a hoodie, my hair was not brushed, but just thrown into a ponytail. I was putting on my thongs (flip-flops!) and holding Taylor on my hip. I was disheveled to say the least!
But he told me quite simply that I was beautiful.
Needless to say, he made my day.
I am blessed enough to have an amazing husband who tells me that I am beautiful every day, not only in private, but in front of our kids as well. I am in awe of the fact that Adam has picked up these complements from Ray and I talking to each other. And he knows how they are used. After he told me I was beautiful, he asked me if that made me smile.
I love how his aim with everything is to make someone smile. I am blessed to have the two sweetest kids...just like their Daddy :)

1 comment:

Dick Family said...

Awwww, that is so darn sweet! It even got a little tear! What a nice little boy you have!